The San Antonio Riverwalk, also known as “Paseo del Río,” is a wonderful place to visit. And, if you’re vacationing in the area, considering moving, or are relocating here, it’s a must-see. The San Antonio Riverwalk is home to all types of experiences, including boat tours, restaurants, retailers, live entertainment, and much more.
When you first come to Paseo del Río, you’ll be amazed at how expansive it is and might feel a little overwhelmed. That’s okay, it’s alright to spend a couple of days exploring. But, if you want to experience the best of the best, there are a few things you should definitely put on your to-do list when you visit the San Antonio Riverwalk:
- Take a boat tour – The tours wind along the river for two and a half miles and it’s something that’s a must-see. Along the boat tour, you’ll not only see the many vendors, shops, and more, you’ll also be close to The Alamo, the oldest Texas courthouse, and a statue of St. Anthony, for whom the city is named. Plus, you’ll learn about the rich history of the area, while enjoying some truly wonderful scenery.
- Visit the Rivercenter Mall – To really experience what a town is like, you’ve got to know what the locals enjoy. And, you can find a taste of it in the Rivercenter Mall. Home to more than 100 stores and a half dozen restaurants, the Rivercenter Mall offers plenty of retail therapy, dining, and is even home to a hotel. It’s also a beautiful work of architecture and a great way to spend some time.
- Enjoy a good meal at Casa Rio – This unique beloved Mexican restaurant has enjoyed a long history at Riverwalk. It first opened in 1946 and since that time, has delighted diners meal after meal. It’s also a historical site, where the king of Spain granted a land title way back in 1777.
- Dive into the Pearl Brewery experience – Here, you’ll find an eclectic mix of fare from various vendors and it’s a chance to try something new.
- See a live show at the Arneson River Theatre – Built near the ostensible pre-war era from 1939 to 1941, this is where you can see musical and dance performances in a variety of genres. From country and western to pop to symphonies.
- Experience the wonder of the Ford Holiday River Parade – During the Christmas season, this is definitely the place to be to experience the magic of the festive year. Parades, bands, lights, and more celebrate the holidays and it’s something wonderful to behold.