Make sure to do these things to prepare your home for summer.
Summer is here! As we enjoy the warmer days, I have some great tips to help you prepare for the hot weather:
1. Attend to your HVAC system. Change your filters and schedule a tune-up before the season is in full swing. Also, unclog the unit. If you live in a hot area and your air conditioning will be working overtime, it's important to flush the drain line with vinegar or bleach to prevent clogs.
2. Powerwash certain areas around the house. Clean your sidewalks, driveways, and other areas to give your property a fresh look.
3. Wash your rugs and curtains. Take advantage of the warm weather by washing and air-drying your rugs and curtains. Shampoo any rugs and let them bask in the sun on your driveway.
4. Touch-up paint. Avoid the hottest hours of the day if you decide to paint your home.
5. Clean your grill. This will get you ready for the upcoming barbecue season.
6. Perform maintenance on your lawn mower and weed eater. Also, check the oil levels in your gas-powered equipment.
7. Have an adequate supply of pool chemicals. Make sure to stock up and look for sales.
8. Reverse the direction of your ceiling fan. Before you do this, make sure to clean it.
9. Clean out your dryer vents. They can be a fire hazard, so ensure they are clear of lint and debris.
These tips should give you some ideas to add to your summer checklist. If you need any assistance, feel free to call or email me. I’m always happy to help.
Our mission is to provide an experience that stands above the industry standard and challenges the status quo of the basic real estate agent. We want you to trust us as valuable real estate advisors, worthy of handling one of your largest purchases, sales or investments.