Tara Bars is a graduate of Texas State University where she received both her bachelor’s and master’s degree in Education with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Counseling. In terms of real estate, her education is never complete. She invests her time into continuing education courses, training, and seminars. Tara found her niche in Property Management in 2006 where she fell in love with the real estate world. She quickly became proficient in Sales Forecasting, Marketing, and Financial Management.
She spent a decade working for two of the largest property management companies in the nation- Greystar and Pinnacle. Early in her career, she quickly began breaking company records achieving the highest sales numbers in the Central Texas Region and receiving numerous awards for her achievements. Tara then turned her attention to achieving a bigger dream of expanding her career to become a relocation professional and licensed realtor. She is also a savvy investor, with extensive knowledge of new construction, rehab, and development costs.
Growing up in Connecticut and settling in Texas, Tara has first-hand knowledge of all the moving parts that come with corporate relocation. Her goal is to make every transaction seamless and stress free, leaving her clients with more time to concentrate on other aspects of their life.
Tara’s devotion to her clients is unmatched. She will work tirelessly on behalf of her clients. Raised in New England and living her adult life in Texas, Tara is an effective combination of Southern Charm and Northeastern tenacity. She’s also Irish and stubborn, but that means she likes to win for her clients and does so with a calm demeanor and a smile. Her astrological sign is Leo explaining her passion to excel and her loyalty to her clients.
What drives you?
Establishing meaningful relationships with others is extremely important to me. I love helping and connecting with people, and real estate lets me do just that. I’m not only an agent but I often become a counselor, a mentor, a life coach, and a friend.
Why Real Estate?
Real estate makes me dream and each time I tour a home, I’m stimulated. My emotions light up and I get such satisfaction seeing the delight this experience evokes in others. Buying a home is always a major milestone in someones life and I get to be part of that. The possibilities are endless, every day is different and I love that excitement.
Where is your Happy Place?
Baking is my happy place! Some of my favorite memories of my childhood are baking with my mom and fighting off my brothers from eating the batter before I could get it in the oven. I love bringing homemade goodies wherever I go and baking healthy treats for my pup. It’s stress-free, relaxing, and a creative outlet for me.
Why are you at M. Stagers Realty Partners?
Learning from a high-caliber organization is paramount to the success of my career. Missy and the team possess a wealth of real estate knowledge and leadership skills that are unparalleled, creating a great learning environment. Our culture ensures that every team member, and their clients, receive world-class support making every transaction seamless and fun!
What would friends say about you?
Kind, Trustworthy, Honest, Intelligent
What is your favorite quote?
“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
- I’ve spent 16 years furthering my education and growing my career in the San Marcos and Austin metro areas of which I have an extensive knowledge. I’m also no stranger to San Antonio where my parents have resided for 20 years and I currently own and operate 16 rental units with my husband, Matt Bars.
- I love traveling the globe with my family and friends. My brother and sister-in-law live in Ireland, so I enjoy exploring Europe. A few of my absolute favorite destinations are Costa Rica, Cuba, Budapest, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Rome, Cinque Terre, San Juan and Maui.
- I love food! My favorite time of day is lunch and I enjoy finding hidden, locally-owned gems. These restaurants always have the best homemade dishes. If only I could mimic their recipes in my own kitchen!
- I have one fur baby named Brooklyn; she is a chocolate lab. She loves to be included in everything we do whether it be going to a UT tailgate, camping, a local swimming hole, or an outdoor concert in Zilker park.
- I’m a volunteer at St. David’s Hospital, and a member of We Are Blood where I donate every 56 days.
Tara Bars REALTOR®